Ring Size Guide
You’re ready to take the leap and propose, marking the beginning of your journey towards a lifetime together. To help you choose the perfect engagement ring, we offer some invaluable advice, even if you’re planning a surprise proposal.
The most precise method to determine your ring size is to be professionally measured in-store. We would also suggest to go to your local jeweler if its possible to measure. However, if that’s not an option, we provide a downloadable ring sizer to help you measure your ring size at home. Just follow these simple steps:
Let’s begin with the essentials:
The engagement ring is worn on the third finger (next to the little finger) of the left hand.
If you visit us for a consultation with your partner, we’ll measure the ring finger using a ring sizer. However, if you can’t make it to an in-person consultation or want to keep the element of surprise, feel free to download our printable ring sizer. This convenient tool allows you to measure your or your partner’s ring size in the privacy of your own home by measuring the inner diameter of an existing ring.
The average women’s ring size is 52-54 (European size), while the average men’s ring size is 60-62.
Estimating your partner’s ring size can be accomplished with a bit of common sense.
If your partner has a petite frame, their hands might be smaller with slender fingers. In this case, consider starting with a size 48 or 50 for women and around 58 for men.
For partners of average height, their finger size likely corresponds to their height. The typical finger size is 52 for women and 60 for men.
Lastly, if your partner is taller or has a larger build, their weight is naturally distributed throughout their body, so it’s a good idea to start with a ring size of 54 or 56 for women and a size 64 for men.
How can you determine your partner’s ring size without their knowledge?
If directly inquiring isn’t feasible, you might consider seeking assistance from your partner’s family and friends, as they could provide valuable insights. One idea is to have their friends suggest a casual outing to try on rings and measure finger sizes while they’re at it.
Another alternative is to discreetly measure a ring your partner already wears on their left-hand ring finger. Keep in mind that if the ring’s width deviates from 2mm by a considerable amount, the size might not be entirely accurate, but it will still serve as a rough estimate.
Additionally you can send us some pictures of your partner’s hands and we will try our best to determine his/hers/their size. We have much experience in that.
Ring Size Tips
- Generally, our dominant hands have slightly larger fingers — ensure you measure the correct finger on the correct hand!
- Rings with wider bands tend to fit tighter. When measuring one of your partner’s rings, aim for one with a similar width as the ring you plan to buy.
- Make sure the finger’s temperature is normal — fingers may shrink or expand when hot or cold.
- Finger sizes fluctuate throughout the day — the ideal time to measure your finger is at the end of the day.
- If your knuckle is larger, take two measurements and choose a size in between — the ring should fit over the knuckle without being too loose, or it will shift around.
- For a surprise proposal, check out our tips on How to Measure Ring Size for a Surprise Proposal.
- When you’re unsure of your partner’s ring size, opt for one of the standard ring sizes. The average ring size for women is 52-54 (European size), and the average ring size for men is 59-62 (European size).
- The ring should fit your finger comfortably: secure enough to prevent it from slipping off, but with enough room to glide over your knuckle relatively easily.
- Measure 3-4 times to ensure accuracy.
Can my ring be resized?
For all our customers, we provide one complimentary ring resize within 90 days of receiving or collecting your order. Any subsequent resizing or resizings outside this 90-day period are available for EU customers at an additional cost.
If you cannot visit our store in person, we kindly request that you cover the cost of shipping the ring back to us, and we will return it to you free of charge. For customers in need of resizing, please contact our Customer Care Team at [email protected] to help with the return shipment. Please be aware that we will need at least two weeks for standard resizing.
Note that if your ring requires resizing by more than two sizes within 90 days, there may be a fee starting from 200 euros incl. VAT to remake the ring. This additional cost depends on the ring, and we do not profit from it. It covers only the labor cost.
Please be aware that all aftercare appointments will take place at our showroom and we recommend scheduling an appointment in advance for your convenience: 11 Perikleous Str., 10563, Attiki, Athens, Greece
Ring Measuring Tips
These are some tips to keep in mind when measuring ring size
Weight loss or gain
Ring resizing options
Need help finding your ring size?
The Diamond Lab Customer Service Team is here to assist you if you require further guidance.
Send us an email or call us at +30 211 1839062 to speak with one of our team members.